Wednesday, May 20, 2009

ReLax in Paradise GrAMpah CharLie

My Grandpa Charlie aka Hook passed away of cancer last May 21st 2008. It was kind of painful, yet I know my grandpa can't live forever! Even if he could live forever, he'd be like no way! Take me to heaven! I'm really glad that I had a lot of good memories of him and he lived a wild life. For one, my grandpa was in prison for 8 years. I used to be a little little girl going to visit him in prison. But, he stuck through it. People respected him. And he came out a bigger G than he came in. I think people need to pay homage to their grandparents. If it weren't for him leaving Texas and coming to the Chi, I wouldn't exist! My grandpa was my daddy's buddy. My grandpa loved to go to the race track. He used to tell me, Brenda, go tell your daddy to take you the races so we can win. My daddy, Joe, called him MUSH anyways! Hey, he couldn't see, or hear! HUH? That's what he'd say. Papa Charlie reminds me of grandpa from the Simpsons. My grandpa was a wild guy! As an elderly, he would go out, drive down Ogden in his old school Caprice, even though he couldn't even see! He said he'd follow someone's headlights. He would come home at 4 AM! Later his Caprice had no butt (trunk). Imagine that! Grandpa's memory is forever spookin yuppies down Taylor ST! RIP Grandpa hope ur in heaven gambling and winning always! Pictures coming soon